Saturday, November 21, 2009

Pretty good week; gongshow weekend!

Hello all, I've had a busy week. Monday was the first Monday since leaving the hospital in July that I haven't needed blood or platelets. Yay!!! What a huge triumph for me! I was on cloud nine all day...my red blood cells were at 10.9, my platelets were at 20 (usually they are in the mid teens!) and my whites were up at 2.5 and neuts were at 1.2! Thursday I did get platelets because they dropped to 16 but my whites were up at 2.6 and neuts were at 1.4!! My red's only dropped to 10.4, so it was a good day.
Scott is away hunting this weekend and so I'm a little rundown to say the least. My friend Karen stayed over last night and sister-in-law Patti was here for dinner tonight and will be here for breakfast. But, as mom, you still gotta do so much and I can tell I'm low on blood and without naps, I'm not gonna lie, I'm on my last nerve! ha! It was great though to be able to take Jorja to her swimming lesson today and Karen took Jett last night and today for walks so she's happy!
Enough about my problems because I'm sure you're all sick of hearing my boo-hoo stories! :)
Rowen started scootching at the dayhome Thursday! Bea said he was super proud of himself. He is also pulling himself up and plopping himself down much to his own content.
Jorja is good but just hasn't been healthy in forever it feels like. She had pink eye this week, last week she was sick and I'm just waiting for the whole, "mom, my ear hurts" and then gets the dopey sick eyes to go with it...argh...
We just a new camera so only have a few photos and will put them up, well, I guess whenever I feel like it. Ha!
That's all for now...I'll post pictures soon, mostly soon....:)
I wanted to take this opportunity to give a shout out to my very good friend Shauna, her hubbie Chris and their two chicklets, Rheanne & Evelyn. A few weeks ago their entire house had swine flu, after a week of Chris and Shauna not getting better she called 911 and an ambulance took her and Chris to one hospital and the girls and auntie Donna to the Children's. The girls were fine but Shauna was in the hospital for a while with pneumonia and in isolation, Chris is still in ICU on a ventilator and very doped up still. They keep him pretty sedated I guess because he was trying to work his ol' body to hard! Anyway, he is on the slow mend now but I'd like all of you to take some of those prayers for me and send them to Shauna's household! We love ya Shauna!

1 comment:

Debbie said...

Sick children are so sad, aren't they? Our youngest had pink eye in both eyes and two ear infections at the same time. At least he's efficient. And stoic. Didn't cry or complain once.