Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Quick blurb about some good stuff!

A few good things to note this week!
My WBC were up to 2.9 and my neutrophils were at 1.7! So great but I am sick now, of course! Gawd, if it's not one thing it's another...
I met with my baby gynecologist today and she is putting me on a drug (Senyl I think?) which puts me in premenopause for about 6 months while I'm on it but no more period supposedly!
My cousin, who is like a bro to me, had a baby girl this morning. I can't wait to cuddle my "niece" Josie Patricia Hart! Congrats Kel and Trev!!
Last but not least I had a call from the bone marrow transplant team. They have a 9.5/10 match for me! That happened super fast. I asked about a 10/10 match but she said it was close to impossible unless you had a sibling match. I meet with the transplant team on Dec. 3rd so we'll see...now that my counts are up, I'll probably be put on the back burner but it's nice to know I have a pretty great match!
Scott met with our site super for our new house today and they'll be breaking ground soon. Looks like a June move in date....I hope sooner! :)
And last but not least, our good friend's Shauna and Chris are finally feeling a bit better after the H1N1 breakout at their house. Chris came off the ventilator yesterday and was gonna be moved out of ICU and Shauna hopes he is home for the weekend so she can nursemaid!
Way to go Chris!!
xo Vic

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Vic, so much great news there!!! Do you know that you need the transplant for sure, or is it just for a back up in case? Man, hopefully you don't need it, but if you do, wow that they found a match!!! So happy to hear great news, hope you're feeling better from getting sick, there is so much crap going around! Thinking about you lots, hope you guys stay relatively healthy!
Love,

The Donison's

Unknown said...

So glad to see all the good news. Whatever you're doing, you're doing it right, so keep it up!

Debbie said...

Nice to see such good news! I was thinking of you the other day as I saw the new houses coming up in QP. So exciting.