Friday, January 29, 2010

January. Here today, gone tomorrow...or on the weekend...

Dett, dett, dett, dett, dett-dett, dett-dett...so cute!
Enjoying the quilt from auntie Joanne and Bonnie and the wagon from Gramma Carla!
First day of Pre-school!
On the chair lift with daddy at Nakiska!
Big girl with her to small goggles which she refuses to give up!
Hello all! So many things and I can't believe the month is almost over...Jorja is VERY busy at preschool and Nancy Green racing out at Nakiska. She has also been giving our nanny a run for her money...and me cause she's home so much more. Yikes! Scott and I have been to the Escuela Canyon Meadows info night for her to go to a Spanish Bilingual school. That means it's 5o% spanish and 50% English. We've also been to the French Immersion one too, which is much closer to our house and starts at a decent hour (8:45) and not 8:10 like Spanish! Argh, I can barely get out of bed as it is and now and then I have to fight traffic to drive her...well, we were SO impressed the school that of course I'll suck it up cause that's what I do. Mom comes last right?! Ha! She really, really wants to "go to Spanish school to learn to say Hola like Dora." Me: "Yes, but you can already say Hola." "Yes, mum, but I want to LEARN it." Right.
Our house has a hole dug. Yep, it's already about 6 weeks behind and as you all know, that is just NOT good for me...ha!
The little boy, is not so little anymore...my God, how time flies! We just had his first year check up and he's just about 23 pounds and is 31 inches long! His sister was way bigger but she was a real porker! Ha! Thank goodness cause she's so lean now! He is called Rowen, but we prefer "Destructo" or "the little Rotter". My goodness he is VERY busy and he isn't even walking quite yet. Oh, don't kid yourself, he stands now, walks along everything, climbs both flights of stairs (not down obv's) up and basically does NOT stop. Yeah, so I'd say boys and girls are different.
He is still SO gorgeous and his hair is so long, I have to take him to get a hair cut! I am hesitant cause I know he will age instantly! :( We were also hoping he'd have all the wave and curl his big sis has so he'd have cool surfer hair. Not so much; bone straight just like his daddy's used to be and my moms....argh...
I am doing GREAT! I feel sick lately a lot more and have way more headaches etc. but hopefully it's just cause of menopause etc. I saw Dr. Wonger yesterday after two weeks and my platelets have come up to 53, WBC-3.6, neuts 2.3 (all time high!) and for the first time, my Hgb has risen without being transfused: 2 weeks ago it was 97 and yesterday it was 99! Hooray, the Wonger and I high fived and I did a small dance, got light headed and sat down straight away...:)
Scott is back to work super full time and heads to Nakiska every Saturday with JJ. He is sooooooo proud of her and when she wasn't at the same pace the first day, he spent two work days that next week with her at COP teaching her. She caught up so fast by week two, that she was 5th out of 16 down the hill!!!! Needless to say, the coaches were all impressed and so are we! He is heading to the Olympics for family day weekend and then pheasant hunting the weekend after, so if anyone wants to come for a visit and help me out, PLEASE DO! :)
Giving a shout out with hugs and kisses to uncle Jeff!
God, I am such a blab...here's a few pix!

No comments: