Thursday, January 22, 2009

He's here....!! Early but couldn't have come sooner for momma!

Jorja is such a great big sister!
My baby love!
Could Scott be prouder?!
Rowen Currey Wearmouth (Grampa Bill's middle name). Jan. 3; 8 pounds, 3 oz, 21 inches.
Good looking family!
Tired but happy momma!!
2 days old
Scott and Jorja made me a "way to go mom" cake....what a family!! Input tear here...:)
Proud Gramma who can't enough holding babe! Thanks Gramma!
Little angel!
Rowen and daddy just hangin' out! So sweet!
Aww! Cousin Ethan sent the cutest clothes!
Grampa Hart and his boy...so proud!
2 weeks old and his first family walk!
Well, since our last blog, we've had a little addition to our family. Rowen Currey Wearmouth was born January 3 at 10:46 am. He is our attempt at a preemie as he came two weeks early, weighed 8 pounds, 3 oz and was 21 inches long. Nice preemie!! It was quite a crazy roller coaster ride. I endured hard labour for 10 hours before my C-section. It was a comedy of errors which I didn't find funny at all! First, I was bumped for the woman next door, then there was no staff to take me over to labour and delivery to give me my epidural to wait for the C-section, then after 6 hours they did a blood test and found I had a dangerously low blood platelet count and needed to bags of platelets in me before the C-section AND then after we found out I also had low hemoglobin and needed a blood transfusion! Unreal, especially after I just came to terms with my booked c-section on Jan.7! So much for being prepared! 
Anyway, our beautiful boy is here and he is gorgeous. Sadly, he has his days and nights mixed up but luckily Gramma Wearmouth comes over and holds him for hours on end so I can nap, and then stays to play with Jorja for hours! What a trooper!
Grampa Hart came and really stepped up his work load as Gramma Sherry was in Saskatoon bringing in another grandbaby! What a busy family. Grampa played Polly Pockets ALL weekend with Jorja, got up and hung out with her every morning and held Rowen, glowing all the time with pride! Jorja was soooo happy she got spend such quality time with Grampa; nice work Grampa!!
Scott and I realize how truly blessed we are; we have had so many people bring us food etc. to help out, thank God! I have no idea when I will be normal but as far as I hear, it may be a long haul.
Rowen is none the wiser and growing like a weed! He is almost 3 weeks and after losing so much weight in the beginning because he was starving, he is now 9 pounds, 3 oz!! Yay, buddy!! 
Scott is such a proud daddy...it always brings a tear to my eye to see how wonderful he is with our kids, I can't imagine doing all this without his support!
Just in case you were wondering...we are DONE with kidlets....ha!! 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW!! Great pictures, beautiful family, you and Scott are so blessed!! We hope you are feeling better, 5 gold stars to Scott for being such a great hubby and Daddy!! Lots of love to you and your family, Vic - feel better!!

Love,
The Donisons

Debbie said...

I'm just bursting with joy for all of you. And he's absolutely gorgeous!

(sigh) I miss those chest-sleeping days.

Can't wait to meet him in person!

You rock, Vicki! I'm so proud of you!