Tuesday, August 11, 2009

It's mid-August?!

The World Water Ski Championships at Predator Bay water ski club.
Hanging out with momma showing off her gum...mmm...
So damn cute at Predator Bay!
Cousin Wadeums trying to impress Jorja; totally didn't work.
Jorja's new best friend Lisa taught her the wheelbarrow and gave mom and dad a break! Wadeums DOES have great friends! :)
Jo being a good sport while Jorja takes pix of her eyes, etc.
Jo took this of Rowen on Thursday...he was literally so relaxed like this for 10 minutes, to funny!
Jorja LOVES taking pictures, great shot of Rowen's baby blues!
What a goof!!
I thought he looked like such a big boy in his rugby shirt and his hair all grown back! My boy!
I'm 7 months old today!
Where the hell did the time go?! Wow, being in the hospital all summer sure has distorted my time frame of reference this year...I can't believe that it's the middle of August already.
Scott and I just celebrated our 6th, that's right 6th, anniversary...wow. Of course, we did nothing but exchange, "happy anniversary"s!! Oh well, I expect big things for us next year. :)
My baby boy is finally feeling better in the cold area but still has a really red bum rash...poor guy, just won't get those teeth! He flips over so much and tonight was screaming bloody murder and when I went in, he was sideways, flipped over and had his arms through one side of the bars and legs through the other...poor babe was traumatized with his new found freedom! He also said his first word/words yesterday..."bum-bum" or "ba-ba". Not sure what EXACTLY he is referring to, but man, he loves saying it! He sits for long periods by himself and rolls around and is starting to get his butt up and legs pushing....he's so much further along than Jorja was at this age. She was just to fat to move!! Man, she was a great sleeper though. :) Not that he's not...sleeps 7-7!!
Jorja has just started back at the dayhome today from a nearly 2.5 week break! I think Scott and I were both relieved a bit, is that wrong?! Joanne Schafer and the whole Booth clan were in town for the Lion King this weekend and took Jorja yesterday for the whole day to Calaway Park...thanks to her and the Karen Booth family for giving my girl a GREAT day!! Jorja told me she loves "Joy-yanne" a little bit but not as much as me or dad...but she loves her a little bit...too cute!!
I did a huge day on Friday, which I paid for all weekend. The World Waterski championships were held out at Predator Bay, which is Scott's water ski club. Joanne was here sans kids so her, I, Jorja and Scott headed out for the day. Let me tell you that the 7 hour day was a little much for me but I am so glad I went! The jumping was cool and I couldn't believe how good the skiing etc. was. Jorja had SUCH a great time and loves to do things with just me and dad...so cute! She was an angel that day, thank God, as I was swollen for two days after...we had a great time!
I was at the hospital all day yesterday, just like I have been every Monday since I was released...it seems to take forever to get my blood results back and then I have to get platelets and THEN blood...God! So, not much progress in the making blood area but Dr. Wong said things should start happening soon as it's been almost 2 months since I started treatment.
Here is what I'm sure you are all waiting for:
HGB: 80 (hence needing blood!)
Platelets: 15 (see above)
WBC: 2.0
Neutrophils: 0.6
So there you have it...I am going to attach pix of our latest escapades as soon as they download!
Donate blood and platelets people!!
Love, Vic

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey Vix,
Still reading all your updates, but haven't had a chance to reply. It's been a busy month!! Live the pics of the kids. I feel the same about Lucas. He's already crawling, where as Liam was just sitting and rolling occasionally at the same age (also due to baby fat). The thing that cracks me up is Rowen and Lucas are chunks too!! Just not as chunk. How do we breed such big ones!! Time has flown by with Lucas which makes me sad..,, our babies are growing too fast. Liam, of course, is off the wall energetic.... It amazes me!! Thankfully he'll start preschool in less than a month where he'll most likely channel all that energy. So excited to hear you are building your dream house. Where did you say it was? As always, I'm praying to the bone marrow gods. Looking forward to seeing those numbers move up!! Miss you girlie. xoxo
ps- I'll send the chicken and white bean chili recipe soon

Jo said...

aw...Jorjie loves Joy-yanne a little bit!! that's all I need! I love her a lot though! such a sweetie and a good girl. oh & of course I love you guys too...
thanks for the updates - glad you're feeling good. get more rest!!
xoxo Jo