Thursday, August 20, 2009

Whew, it's hot!

Well, it's my baby boy's 3rd day at the dayhome...I'm sad about it but after going to Dr. Wong today and finding out my WBC have gone down a little again, I think it's time I started taking better care of myself...it's not that I don't do pretty well but I've become pretty lax some days and now am positive I have to start sleeping more and better, plus ALWAYS wearing my mask if I go out at all...we as a family have to be more regimented with the kids at home too. I don't really feel bad and it's good I don't have a fever or anything, otherwise I would have some infection and would probably be put back in the hospital for a few days. Yuck! So, it's time to get that blood back on the upwards track and sleep and being a hermit should help! I was pretty down on Monday after seeing a drop in my Neuts and WBC and then today I said to Dr. Wong, should I be worried? He said no, not yet. It's still early and we have a few months yet before he is going to get worried. Still, it's tough when I am so fixated on the numbers and they go the damn wrong way!! Anyway, the kids are good and it's going to be so hot here this weekend I think we are going to the outdoor neighbourhood pool. We've never taken Jorja so I'm sure she'll love it...I was up at 5:30 on Tuesday am to get her into her YMCA swim class so she's super excited to get back to lessons! Rowen said "bum-bum" and "ba-ba" the other day and yesterday he started saying, "da-da-da" all day long...I gave him a spanking...;) It's sooooo cute to hear him chat! He also got his first tooth finally and we are using an antifungal on his bum rash now...it's gotten better but wow, was it bad!
I'll keep you posted on next week's numbers but in the words of Dr. Wong, "let's not fixate on numbers yet Vicki"!!
HGB-98
Plts-35
WBC-1.8
No neut numbers were back from the lab when I left.

No comments: