Well, I've just about finished my second treatment of ATG (thought it as AGT but then remembered that was a phone company...ha!). What a difference a day makes! Yesterday every horrible side affect that could happen did: hot allergic hives, major fever, chills/shakes for hours that nearly shook me off my bed! So today I was supposed to get the treatment at 11 but Pharmacy screwed up and then had to get it from another hospital...my nurse was livid so I didn't have to be..ha! ANyway, because of all the crappy things from yesterday, I received Benadryll for th hives before hand, Tylenol for the fever and steroids for other stuff?! anyway, I actually got this all twice because of the lull in between while waiting for the ATG. Needless to say this treatment has been great and only needed some oxygen as I felt tight chested and a little short of breath.
I really hope now that this can be how the next 3 treatments go....man, I had a shower this am and did that feel fine! It's the little things you know...just the little things...
Also, DONATE BLOOD PEOPLE!!!!! I can't stress it enough...I am going to be dependant on blood and platelets for a long time so do it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
1 comment:
I'm so glad to hear that you are feeling a little better, sorry the day before was so rough, hope that's the worst of it?!!?
Great to hear you have great nurses! At this point, it's nice to have someone there to fight your battles (or some of them, anyway)! Take care, Vuv, thinking of you lots!
Post a Comment