I got back not to long ago from a great day at home with the fam. Scott and the kids picked me up at the hospital on the way back from the lake this morning and they dropped me off tonight about an hour ago. Great day and I felt even better than last weekend's visit. Still hard to leave for all involved but so nice to eat real food (Boosey, that chicken dish you made was SOOO good, I need the recipe!) have a real shower and hang out with the fam on the deck etc. Obviously because I have no white blood cells we can't go anywhere but at this point, I don't want to anyway. You all probably have no idea how nerve wracking it is for me to go home even...what if I catch something, what if I spike a temp there, etc. etc. It's never ending mind games...damn blood! I also didn't believe all the nurses and doctors who told me, everyday including today, how long it takes for counts to come up. I always thought, "yah, but not me though" like I'm some sort of Superhero or something?! I mean, I kinda am, but my blood maybe isn't?! Anyway, I really thought they would be up there so high, I would not catch any infections (had the blood bug and now sinus infect) and would beat all odds and be at home gloating because I am the poster child of what AA could look like. Sadly, it IS a very long process and I will likely be here for at least 6 weeks...sadly, this Wednesday is 5 already! Can you believe it?!
Enough of all that, here is what you are all waiting for, my counts. Although, you all must be getting as bored of the same-same as I am! Ha!
HMGB: 11.8
pltlts: 45
wbc:1.5
neutrophils: 0.2
It's the stupid neuts that are killing me...they are the part of the white blood cells that are a person's immune system so I really don't have one.
Alas, I am not being negative with this post people so please don't send me, "stay positive" emails, please!! I am very positive, just super bored!!!!!!
Love, moi
2 comments:
Glad you enjoyed the chicken and white bean chili. I'll be sure and send you the recipe. It's my gold standard dish. Everybody loves it!!! I'm praying to the ANC gods to raise up those cells. Gotta get you out of bordem jail. If you want a few laughs, go to you tube and search for 'toddler and the monster'. You'll see a clip of a little girl describing what she'd do to a monster if she ran into one. I almost pee'd my pants watching it. Oh the things we do to entertain ourselves. Love ya pal. Hopefully not too much longer!!!
Shauna
xoxo
So glad you were able to go home for a bit! I din't realize how bloody long this is going to be! I'm sorry!
Post a Comment