Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Two great days in a row...

My beautiful baby boy today...he really does have hair!! xo Love you RW!!
Hello all,
I've had two great days, no treatments or anything and I slept last night. It's been since I got my nose packed on Friday that I haven't slept...I saw both kids and Scott the past two days, showered, and eaten more than I have since I came in. The dietician came up to see me today and gave me the "secret" menu. About FREAKING TIME! Can you believe they just don't offer long term patients that automatically?! My God, anyway, I can now get spinach salads, Mckay's freaking ice cream, chef salad, real roast beef, omelets....my God, the list is way better! As a treat I'm getting chicken fingers tomorrow...ha!
Dr. Daly today said that he was very impressed with my liver enzymes, they are doing EXCELLENT he said and feels Friday is go day if things keep going well! So, I'm just trying to rest, shower, eat and visit with everyone before things happen then. He told me straight up that my levels will tank again but I told him I was mentally prepared for that to happen again. I just hope my heart and liver will take the two last treatments. I can deal with everything else after...today my numbers are lower than yesterday already but they actually are still pretty good...The Gallaughers and Benny stopped by today, the kids were here around lunch and of course good ol' Karen was here before she flew off...she works for WestJet. She is generously staying at our house this weekend to take care of Jett while Scott and the kids are away. She had a flood in her condo so I think it works out for all of us! :)
I'll be in touch! Love and prayers, Vic

2 comments:

KAENAT said...

So glad to hear you got some sleep and you're feeling a bit better! Keep it up girl! Oh, and Happy Canada Day!

Anonymous said...

What a handsome little man you have there!! So glad that you've been able to have a couple of good days, and some sleep!! Keep up the good work, hoping that your treatments can continue soon and that your nose feels better even sooner!! Chin up, thinking about you all of the time!