Tuesday, July 28, 2009

It's good 2 b home!

Hello all...sorry it's been so long since an update but the two kids are busy!! :) JJ's dayhome has holidays so when Scott's at work, Gramma Carla comes over, thank God as I can't even handle one now, let alone two! I went for my appt yesterday. My WBC were up to 2.2, neuts were up to 0.4, platelets and blood hadn't dropped super lots but I got them both....I was there for my 11.30 appt and left at 6! My God!!!!!! Anyway, I'm just so happy my WBC and neuts especially have gone up a bit. They weren't forever!! JJ has had a cold since Saturday, the day after I got home of course....egad!! I haven't seemed to have caught it yet thank goodness. Maybe it's because I'm still on so many drugs?! I will see Dr. Wong twice a week for quite some time he said...I had a huge nap today and got blood yesterday so I feel great tonight...Scott is out at Predator Bay hoping to get a ski in. I'm so glad to be here in the evenings etc. for him so he can just take Jett or do things he wants to do! I hope to be feeling back to my old self by Sept or beginning of Oct. at the latest so we can get back to some normalcy around here. I feel like I've missed sooo much because I had all these plans for the summer and now I'm a prisoner at home after the crappy hospital! Grrr...well, I know I need to be patient but it's now been 6 weeks (tomorrow) since I went into hospital. I expected, of course, to be perfectly better by now! I found out it takes months and months and months for recovery. I do have some wonderful contacts in my AA world though; Kristin in Swift and Penny and Shawn! Penny has been great, telling me everything her hubby went through a couple of years ago when he was diagnosed and I'm grateful for that! Thanks Penny!
Well all, take care and all the best...pray for working bone marrow people!!! xo Vic AND family!

3 comments:

Jo said...

yay I'm happy you're settling in at home. good news on the counts and I'm just so glad you can be with your family. I'm sure they love it too!
hope to see you soon - love JO xoxo

Debbie said...

I'm glad you're resting at home. Something about being home with family, eh?

Hopefully in the late fall/early winter you'll be up for a Bradley reunion.

The Ictons said...

We are sooooo happy for you that you can finally be at home with Scott and the kids! Alot nicer to be in your own bed for naps instead of the yucky hospital.
All our best thoughts are being sent your way. Take care of you!