Thursday, July 9, 2009

Good day again!

Hello all, just waiting for numbers to come up, go down, whatever else. Had a great day, except for having to be on IV antibiotics, anti fungals and weird face numbing and foot itching side affects from one of the drugs, I feel great today! Super bored but had a great visit with Victoria and Laura surprised me too! Vic brought homemade stir fry and Wanda came by last night and so lovely, she brought homemade cabbage rolls! The nurses were sooooo jealous! A shout out to Kris for her excellent Shepard's pie that Scott brought me by yesterday too! Les called me last night and there is no two ways about it, he's coming to see me next week. God bless Lester, he really is excellent. :)
Anyway, Dr . Wong came by this afternoon to see me....he said things are looking good and the platelets and hmg/red blood cells are dropping slowly...maybe tomorrow I'll need platelets or blood, maybe Saturday. He's not working this weekend but if I don't get any more infections and I am here to get any IV stuff I need, I may get an afternoon pass to go home to the family....and no, obviously we won't be accepting visitors! Ha! He still thinks things are great, so that makes me happy. My friend Laura was here at the time and she smiled and said, "wow, that was awesome!" Yep, Dr. Wonger rules...:) I'll be in touch, just sitting around getting fat and trying to make blood people....Jorja and Scott are supposed to coming tonight so I blow dried my hair today and am happy both nose plugs are out and not bleeding! Love, Vic

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Awesome Vix. I'm glad you having a great day. Also glad for you that your nose plugs are out!!! Hall pass....... That would be exceptional. I'll keep my fingers crossed. And it always feels good to have a nice looking do after a good blow dry. Your beautful, my friend!! Hitting the road as we speak. Taking my munchkins back to Seattle. Again, it was great to see you even if it was brief. xoxo

Anonymous said...

Wow! So glad your numbers are up, and nice to see you aren't needed platelets too often!! Keep up the great work, have a wonderful time at home! Sorry you have to be away from your family for so long, not sure how you do all of this, but you are a real trooper in my book!!! Take care Vuv!
xoxo