Monday, July 20, 2009

numbers are the same...

I'm doing fine but I found out this afternoon my friend down the hall Maggie, not sure if I mentioned her previously, passed away. I have never met a more positive woman, other than my mom. She had lymphoma and was very sick and was in a coma for the past few days. She passed when her hubbie went to get a coffee...I remember my mom did the same thing when Les, Jeff and I went for lunch, that's when she passed. The nurses here are quite upset as she was such a great woman. She came in a few days before I did and when I used to go on my walks around the unit we'd chat passing in the hall or in her room. She was an amazing woman and I feel for her family; she had a 12 & 14 yr old. Anyway, that's my day today except that I had a great visit with Danette who was my mom's best friend back in high school...she is visiting from Nova Scotia and made a stop to see me. Great to see her!! Take care all....oxxo Vic

2 comments:

Debbie said...

I'm so sorry to read about Maggie's passing. Big hugs.

Jo said...

I'm sorry about Maggie...that's very sad. xoxo