Wednesday, July 22, 2009

hello

No internet at the hospital, sorry people. At home today with a pass and they may be sending me home soon even though I am still neutropenic and have no immunity. I"m nervous to say the least. I thought I"d be healthier when I went home...anyway, I'll be in touch!! ox

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey You!
It was great to see you yesterday:-) I hope you had a wonderful day at home with the fam. What have they decided about your hospital discharge?? You looked great yesterday - happy, healthy and relaxed. Big big hugs,

Meags xoxox

penney said...

Patience is a virtue! Glad to hear you may get to go home soon. Shawn was discharged while he was still very neutropenic. Normally they don't let you go home until they are greater than .5 (but Shawn was discharged on the agreement that he become a prisoner in his own home, which was much better than being stuck in hospital after 3 months). Shawn went home with nuets = 0.2. It took 5-6 months before the neutrophils began to climb. However, he did manage to escape any infections for 6 months. It was actually after Shawn stopped taking cyclosporine and when his WBC's were at their highest that he became septic and developed bacterial endocarditis. Just try your best to avoid others who are sick, crowds, fast food restaurants, undercooked foods,wear masks out in public especially visits to the lab and hospital, and wash, wash, wash your hands. We put hand sanitizer in every room of our house and asked guest to wash their hands upon entering our home/bubble. After explaning why it was so important, our friends and family were all very understanding. Watch for signs of infection and seek medical attention immediately if you develop a fever. I'm hoping and wishing that your counts rise and that bacteria, fungus and viruses stay away.
Take care,
Pauline